It is sure to please the even the pickiest eater in your family!
- 2.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, raw
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced no salt added tomatoes, fire roasted or regular, OR 1 lbs. fresh, chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, low sodium and/or organic
- 1 (4 ounce) can fire roasted green chiles
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with the extra virgin olive oil until the onions are translucent. Put the tomatoes, bell peppers, chicken, beans, chiles, chili powder and cumin into the slow cooker. Once the onions and garlic are cooked, add them as well with 1 ½ cups of chicken stock. Stir well.
Cook the chili 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. About an hour before serving, add the 1 cup of Mexican cheese and salt and pepper to taste (and more chili powder or cumin if you’d like!). Add optional toppings if you so choose.