This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
Craving a warm streamy, comforting bowl of hearty soup? This chiken noodle soup recipe is sure to satisfy.
This soup is packed full of flavor and made right in your slow cooker! It is easy to prepare and low in calories! A perfect dish for the cold days ahead of us!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (3 – 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add chicken (un-cut), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to slow cooker.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and allow to rest 10 minutes, then dice into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to slow cooker.
- Increase temperature to high, cover and cook 30 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken.
- Serve warm!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 Cups
21 Day Fix: 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green, 1/2 Yellow
This was incredibly delicious!
I recommend this crockpot meal ALL the time. SUPER easy and SO good!!
Pineapple Salsa Chicken
– One bag of frozen chicken breasts (use frozen)
– 12 oz Jar of organic salsa (I used Medium)
– One whole pineapple chopped or one large can of pineapple
– 2 medium zucchini
– brown rice
Put the chicken, pineapple, and salsa in a crockpot and cook until the chicken is falling apart. Smash up chicken to break it all apart.
Chop up the zucchini and add to the crockpot for the last 30 minutes.
Serve over brown rice!!
This is a very low maintenance meal and it lasts us for 2 or more dinners!