I love crockpot recipes because they make healthy eating easy, even on busy days. This Slow Coker Chicken Chili is a comforting dish that is filled with fiber, lean protein, and a healthy dose of veggies and spices! With just a little bit of prep, you can throw a few ingredients in the crockpot and come home from a long day with dinner already ready to be served.
1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, about 4 large chicken breast halves
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes, diced
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 to 2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Bay leaf Sour cream or shredded cheese, for garnish Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish, optional
How to Make It
- Dice the chicken or cut it into strips. Put the chicken pieces in the slow cooker along with the onion, bell pepper, garlic, drained and rinsed beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce, corn, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir to blend ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then cook on low for 3 to 4 hours longer, or until the chicken is cooked and tender. Or cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Spoon the chili into bowls and garnish with sour cream or shredded cheese, along with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with cornbread, crackers, or crusty bread.
Makes about 8 hearty servings.
Craving a warm streamy, comforting bowl of hearty soup? This chiken noodle soup recipe is sure to satisfy.
This soup is packed full of flavor and made right in your slow cooker! It is easy to prepare and low in calories! A perfect dish for the cold days ahead of us!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (3 – 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add chicken (un-cut), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to slow cooker.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and allow to rest 10 minutes, then dice into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to slow cooker.
- Increase temperature to high, cover and cook 30 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken.
- Serve warm!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 Cups
21 Day Fix: 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green, 1/2 Yellow
Fall can be a very beautiful season, but it can also be a cold one. What better way to keep warm than a big bowl of chicken chili with kale?
You may think of chili as greasy and unhealthy but does not have to be true. In fact, this chicken chili with kale recipe is packed with nutrients that are good for you – so much that this chili can be a regular part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
I LOVE being able to make dishes like this that are hearty and comforting. So many people think that healthy food has to taste LESS appealing than UNHEALTHY food but its dishes like this that can TRICK anyone into eating their greens.
1 bag frozen chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans northern beans
1 can northern beans smashed
1 can green chilies
2 onions chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp cumin
4 cups kale
32 oz chicken stock
Add chicken to crockpot.
Smash one can of beans and add on top of chicken.
Add chopped onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and spices
Pour chicken stock on top
Let cook for 4-5 hours and then add the rest of the beans and the kale
Cook for another 45 minutes
Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese and ENJOY! We always have salad or steamed broccoli with our chili which can make this crockpot meal can last us for DAYS.