Venison Meatloaf Muffins
We served these delicious Venison Meatloaf muffins with a garden salad and some fresh fruit for a family pleasing meal! Meatloaf is one of America’s classic comfort foods, how awesome that we’re serving it up in a muffin tin!
As a topping, we used organic catchup… It’s much better than the regular catch up because it does not contain artificial ingredients are high fructose corn syrup. We like to shop at Aldi and they make a great version there.
I found this recipe to be very easy to make and convenient. The meatloaf muffins can be popped out and saved to use all week long. This meatloaf recipe can be made ahead, wrapped individually, and even frozen. Pull them out when you need a quick, healthy, filling dinner.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. (or cook in a traditional loaf pan)
- Combine brown sugar and vinegar; pour over meatloaf muffins.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
EVERYONE has their own version of meatloaf, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction with how to prepare it in a muffin tin! I would love to hear what you and your family thinks about this recipe!
For more great recipes click here to follow my recipe board on Pinterest!
Real food meets comfort food in this baked Quinoa dish. Casseroles are often are filled with unhealthy ingredients and fat, but this one features all real food ingredients. The chicken and quinoa are loaded with protein and the veggies add the extra bit of vitamins to make this a completely healthy dish!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken breast is fine)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onions + more for garnish, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Add to a large mixing bowl along with chicken and cooked broccoli, and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, green onions, oregano, basil, diced tomatoes, and olives; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes mixture to the quinoa mixture and combine. Add 1½ cup cheese and mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and press on it gently to flatten. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional green onions. Serve warm.
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!