Real food meets comfort food in this baked Quinoa dish. Casseroles are often are filled with unhealthy ingredients and fat, but this one features all real food ingredients. The chicken and quinoa are loaded with protein and the veggies add the extra bit of vitamins to make this a completely healthy dish!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken breast is fine)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onions + more for garnish, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Add to a large mixing bowl along with chicken and cooked broccoli, and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, green onions, oregano, basil, diced tomatoes, and olives; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes mixture to the quinoa mixture and combine. Add 1½ cup cheese and mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and press on it gently to flatten. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional green onions. Serve warm.
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
This Fruity Oatmeal Bake is a simple and delicious way to start your morning.
It was perfect for our busy on the go mornings this past week and this sized pan was the perfect amount for my husband and I for the week.
Bonus – making this recipe will cause your house to fill with the fruity and comforting smell of berries and cinnamon!
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blackberries ( you can substitute for any berry )
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any kind you want!)
- 2 cups unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup natural maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with coconut oil spray.
- Mix together the oats, syrup, baking powder, half of the nuts, cinnamon and 1/2 of the raspberries.
- In another bowl mix the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Spread the oatmeal mix into the pan, pressing into corners, making sure it’s even.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oat mix.
- Top with remaining 1/2 raspberries & nuts and sliced bananas.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Yellow: 1 (oats)
Purple: 1 (berries + bananas)
Blue: 1 (nuts)
For more great recipes like this one click follow below to follow my Quick Healthy Recipe board on Pinterest!