This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
As you might have noticed, I absolutely LOVE making homemade soup and stews in my crock pot, especially smack dab in the middle of the cool and CHILLY winter months. I also love making soups from SCRATCH, so I know whats in it and I know that its CLEAN and healthy!
This awesome cheeseburger soup is creamy and filled with flavorful ground venison, potatoes, celery and corn. It will keep bellies full and happy a long time after it’s eaten. This soup recipe may be high in cheese but it is all clean!
You can also make this soup low carb by omitting the potatoes and substituting with carrots!
It is not difficult to make and is perfect paired with a nice salad. It is great during the cooler months of the year because it is a hearty soup.
- 1½ lb. ground venison ( you can use ground turkey or lean ground beef )
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cans beef broth
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Brown ground venison with onion in a large skillet and drain.
- Add to crockpot along with potato, celery, corn, garlic, cream cheese, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, and spices. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours (or 4 hours on high).
- About 10 minutes before serving, whisk together the milk and flour. Add to the crockpot along with the shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10 more minutes until cheese has melted and soup has thickened. Enjoy!
:: Now Accepting Applications ::
Would you like to get on track with your health & fitness goals BEFORE Christmas this year?
Are you looking for a simple and straightforward workout & nutrition plan that is realistic and DOABLE during this hustle bustle season?
Are you the type of person who would like someone to be there to help motivate you and hold you accountable?
I’m looking for 3 more individuals to who are ready to start making DAILY progress with their health and fitness. I plan to coach, mentor, and hold these 3 accountable next month in our Online Support group that starts for Day ONE on the 5th of December and leads us all the way until Christmas!
If you are interested in getting one-on-one help from a Certified Fitness Trainer and Coach (me); as well as, receive group motivation, fitness & meal planning support, plus get daily positivity & accountability – comment YES below to be considered for one of the 3 remaining spots!
The Christmas season is a time of year for celebrating Christ’s birth, spending time with family, friends, giving, AND doing LOTS of prep work in the days that lead up to this BIG day…
We WILL ALL be busy!!!
ALL the ladies in our group are SUPER BUSY. BUT that isn’t going to cause us to put our fitness on HOLD and lose ALL the progress that we have been making JUST because its “that time of year.”
As a TEAM – we will still make time for daily exercise, clean eating, and proper nutrition this December!
We are already doing this NOW in our current group and this is now the longest that I’ve gone without a cheat meal in as long as I can remember!! (True story)
How am I able to do this??
Workouts that are 30 minutes or less
Shakeology, Meal Planning, and practicing Clean Eating
Having the accountability and the motivation that I get from all the ladies in our group and the other coaches on our team.
Countdown the days to Christmas with us this year! Make it through December without heading back UP on that Yo-Yo’ing roller coaster that is SO common this time of year.
This year can be different. This year we can all BEE feeling AMAZING by the time New Years hits. By then, we will already be on the road to a better version of ourselves from the inside OUT. <3
I only have 3 spots left and this group is filling up quickly!!
To apply click this link ——> bit.ly/GetSupportGetHealthy
Deadline to apply is December FIRST or when the group is FULL!