This goulash bake was a BIG hit with my family!
This is what I call a “throw-together dinner.” You know, it goes like this; You want something YUMMY, comforting, but healthy so you look through your kitchen, see what you have, and just GET INSPIRED! I love that kind of meal as I often create what I call a “happy accident.” This Goulash Bake with Venison is definitely one of those so I thought I should share so you can try it on purpose!
This dish is basically a macaroni and cheese base with milk and cheese. We added ground meat and sautéed veggies (peppers, onions, and tomatoes) to it so it would be filled with even more clean nutrition.
To zest things up, the meat and veggies are spiced with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. And MAYBE a little chili powder too if you desire!
After preparing the meat, noodles, and veggies, we put everything in a baking pan, lightly mixed in globs of ricotta cheese, and then added some extra cheese from the base on top.
This dish turned out DELICIOUS as my boys and my hubby all gobbled it ALL up!
This recipe is just an approximation to use as a guideline and can be altered to your tastes!
- Mac & cheese base, a block of mild cheddar cheese and a 1/2 cup milk for one box pasta.
- Venison was browned and spiced using the spices listed
- For the veggies 1 can of tomatoes, one small onion and 1 large pepper.
- Ricotta approximately 1 cup.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt/pepper to taste
- chili powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
I would love to hear your families favorite “throw-together dinner” recipes!
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
Fall can be a very beautiful season, but it can also be a cold one. What better way to keep warm than a big bowl of chicken chili with kale?
You may think of chili as greasy and unhealthy but does not have to be true. In fact, this chicken chili with kale recipe is packed with nutrients that are good for you – so much that this chili can be a regular part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
I LOVE being able to make dishes like this that are hearty and comforting. So many people think that healthy food has to taste LESS appealing than UNHEALTHY food but its dishes like this that can TRICK anyone into eating their greens.
1 bag frozen chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans northern beans
1 can northern beans smashed
1 can green chilies
2 onions chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp cumin
4 cups kale
32 oz chicken stock
Add chicken to crockpot.
Smash one can of beans and add on top of chicken.
Add chopped onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and spices
Pour chicken stock on top
Let cook for 4-5 hours and then add the rest of the beans and the kale
Cook for another 45 minutes
Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese and ENJOY! We always have salad or steamed broccoli with our chili which can make this crockpot meal can last us for DAYS.