This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
*** End-Of-Summer Fitness Support Group ***
We have a 21 Day Fitness Support Group starting for Pre-Season August 8th, and for this challenge, we are taking a BREAK from our scales!
Yep – you read that right! We will be IGNORING our scales and will NOT be weighing ourselves for the entire 21 Days! Instead, we will be looking for changes in how our clothes fit, how we FEEL, and how much more energy we have.
We will be weighing ourselves at the beginning and at the end, but during the rest of the group, we will be DOING OUR MEASUREMENTS and TRUSTING the process together!
I can’t wait to see what happens both physically and mentally when we give it our ALL for 21 Days and STOP OBSESSING about the number that our scale says each morning.
During this group, I plan to set you up for success with…
– Workouts that are 30 minutes or less.
– A daily superfood smoothie that 100% natural.
– An easy to follow meal planning system with simple recipe ideas.
– The SUPPORT of a TOP coach and a TEAM.
– The guidance of a Certified Fitness Trainer.
– The accountability and the motivation to KEEP GOING.
Join our Fit BUZZ Squad this August as we step OUTSIDE of our comfort zones by ignoring that scale and trusting the process instead.
Space is limited!!
I only can take on 15 more ladies for this group, so please do not apply unless you are SERIOUS about changing the way for look and feel BEFORE Summer is over.
How to apply for this group (do ONE or more of the following…)
1) Comment “YES” below to get a private message from me with MORE information!
2) Click this link and fill out the application —> bit.ly/GetSupportGetHealthy
3) Tag someone in the comments who YOU would like to invite to take on this Challenge with you!!
We CAN change our life history AND our families too JUST by being active, eating clean, and filling our bodies with healthy stuff!!
Time to IGNORE the scale.
Time to make the PROCESS the goal.
Time to have the support to stick with it.
Time to achieve some serious results!
It is sure to please the even the pickiest eater in your family!
- 2.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, raw
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced no salt added tomatoes, fire roasted or regular, OR 1 lbs. fresh, chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, low sodium and/or organic
- 1 (4 ounce) can fire roasted green chiles
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% cheddar, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with the extra virgin olive oil until the onions are translucent. Put the tomatoes, bell peppers, chicken, beans, chiles, chili powder and cumin into the slow cooker. Once the onions and garlic are cooked, add them as well with 1 ½ cups of chicken stock. Stir well.
Cook the chili 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. About an hour before serving, add the 1 cup of Mexican cheese and salt and pepper to taste (and more chili powder or cumin if you’d like!). Add optional toppings if you so choose.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe!