This Fruity Oatmeal Bake is a simple and delicious way to start your morning.
It was perfect for our busy on the go mornings this past week and this sized pan was the perfect amount for my husband and I for the week.
Bonus – making this recipe will cause your house to fill with the fruity and comforting smell of berries and cinnamon!
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blackberries ( you can substitute for any berry )
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any kind you want!)
- 2 cups unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup natural maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with coconut oil spray.
- Mix together the oats, syrup, baking powder, half of the nuts, cinnamon and 1/2 of the raspberries.
- In another bowl mix the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Spread the oatmeal mix into the pan, pressing into corners, making sure it’s even.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oat mix.
- Top with remaining 1/2 raspberries & nuts and sliced bananas.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
21 Day Fix Container Values:
Yellow: 1 (oats)
Purple: 1 (berries + bananas)
Blue: 1 (nuts)
For more great recipes like this one click follow below to follow my Quick Healthy Recipe board on Pinterest!
*** End-Of-Summer Fitness Support Group ***
We have a 21 Day Fitness Support Group starting for Pre-Season August 8th, and for this challenge, we are taking a BREAK from our scales!
Yep – you read that right! We will be IGNORING our scales and will NOT be weighing ourselves for the entire 21 Days! Instead, we will be looking for changes in how our clothes fit, how we FEEL, and how much more energy we have.
We will be weighing ourselves at the beginning and at the end, but during the rest of the group, we will be DOING OUR MEASUREMENTS and TRUSTING the process together!
I can’t wait to see what happens both physically and mentally when we give it our ALL for 21 Days and STOP OBSESSING about the number that our scale says each morning.
During this group, I plan to set you up for success with…
– Workouts that are 30 minutes or less.
– A daily superfood smoothie that 100% natural.
– An easy to follow meal planning system with simple recipe ideas.
– The SUPPORT of a TOP coach and a TEAM.
– The guidance of a Certified Fitness Trainer.
– The accountability and the motivation to KEEP GOING.
Join our Fit BUZZ Squad this August as we step OUTSIDE of our comfort zones by ignoring that scale and trusting the process instead.
Space is limited!!
I only can take on 15 more ladies for this group, so please do not apply unless you are SERIOUS about changing the way for look and feel BEFORE Summer is over.
How to apply for this group (do ONE or more of the following…)
1) Comment “YES” below to get a private message from me with MORE information!
2) Click this link and fill out the application —> bit.ly/GetSupportGetHealthy
3) Tag someone in the comments who YOU would like to invite to take on this Challenge with you!!
We CAN change our life history AND our families too JUST by being active, eating clean, and filling our bodies with healthy stuff!!
Time to IGNORE the scale.
Time to make the PROCESS the goal.
Time to have the support to stick with it.
Time to achieve some serious results!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.
Here are the substitutions I used to clean up the muffins:
Whole wheat flour: We want some whole grains up in these! Whole wheat flour has more nutrition than regular all-purpose. It also adds a nutty delicious flavor to the muffins. Now go buy a bag!
Greek Yogurt: Yogurt takes the place of butter in this recipe. It helps to keep the muffins super moist and adds protein to keep you full. I always use plain nonfat greek yogurt; it has the least amount of sugar and is similar to sour cream so it’s great for baking.
Honey instead of sugar: I used an all natural sweetener instead of sugar. Honey also adds moisture to the muffins and since it’s sweeter than sugar you can actually use less of it. There’s only 1/4 cup in this entire recipe!