Craving a warm streamy, comforting bowl of hearty soup? This chiken noodle soup recipe is sure to satisfy.
This soup is packed full of flavor and made right in your slow cooker! It is easy to prepare and low in calories! A perfect dish for the cold days ahead of us!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (3 – 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add chicken (un-cut), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to slow cooker.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and allow to rest 10 minutes, then dice into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to slow cooker.
- Increase temperature to high, cover and cook 30 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken.
- Serve warm!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 Cups
21 Day Fix: 1/2 Red, 1/2 Green, 1/2 Yellow