Venison Meatloaf Muffins
We served these delicious Venison Meatloaf muffins with a garden salad and some fresh fruit for a family pleasing meal! Meatloaf is one of America’s classic comfort foods, how awesome that we’re serving it up in a muffin tin!
As a topping, we used organic catchup… It’s much better than the regular catch up because it does not contain artificial ingredients are high fructose corn syrup. We like to shop at Aldi and they make a great version there.
I found this recipe to be very easy to make and convenient. The meatloaf muffins can be popped out and saved to use all week long. This meatloaf recipe can be made ahead, wrapped individually, and even frozen. Pull them out when you need a quick, healthy, filling dinner.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add tomato sauce, onion, crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add venison and mix well.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. (or cook in a traditional loaf pan)
- Combine brown sugar and vinegar; pour over meatloaf muffins.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
EVERYONE has their own version of meatloaf, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction with how to prepare it in a muffin tin! I would love to hear what you and your family thinks about this recipe!