This goulash bake was a BIG hit with my family!
This is what I call a “throw-together dinner.” You know, it goes like this; You want something YUMMY, comforting, but healthy so you look through your kitchen, see what you have, and just GET INSPIRED! I love that kind of meal as I often create what I call a “happy accident.” This Goulash Bake with Venison is definitely one of those so I thought I should share so you can try it on purpose!
This dish is basically a macaroni and cheese base with milk and cheese. We added ground meat and sautéed veggies (peppers, onions, and tomatoes) to it so it would be filled with even more clean nutrition.
To zest things up, the meat and veggies are spiced with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. And MAYBE a little chili powder too if you desire!
After preparing the meat, noodles, and veggies, we put everything in a baking pan, lightly mixed in globs of ricotta cheese, and then added some extra cheese from the base on top.
This dish turned out DELICIOUS as my boys and my hubby all gobbled it ALL up!
This recipe is just an approximation to use as a guideline and can be altered to your tastes!
- Mac & cheese base, a block of mild cheddar cheese and a 1/2 cup milk for one box pasta.
- Venison was browned and spiced using the spices listed
- For the veggies 1 can of tomatoes, one small onion and 1 large pepper.
- Ricotta approximately 1 cup.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt/pepper to taste
- chili powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
I would love to hear your families favorite “throw-together dinner” recipes!