This Dirty Quinoa recipe is a twist on Dirty Rice.
This Dirty Quinoa with venison recipe provides a high level of quality protein and its packed with nutrition too. When I first discovered quinoa, I wondered what the hype was all about. Now that I have tried it many ways, I personally LOVE it, but not everyone does! Unlike most people, I can eat it plain or with light coconut oil. Most people, on the other hand, want something else to spice it up. This recipe is a slick way to add some zest and FUN to a popular side dish staple.
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound ground venison
- Small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 egg
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- First, bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next, mix venison, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, egg, garlic, paprika, cumin, sea salt, blackened seasoning, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl.
- Finally, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir venison mixture until browned, about 15 minutes. Add quinoa; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.