As you might have noticed, I absolutely LOVE making homemade soup and stews in my crock pot, especially smack dab in the middle of the cool and CHILLY winter months. I also love making soups from SCRATCH, so I know whats in it and I know that its CLEAN and healthy!
This awesome cheeseburger soup is creamy and filled with flavorful ground venison, potatoes, celery and corn. It will keep bellies full and happy a long time after it’s eaten. This soup recipe may be high in cheese but it is all clean!
You can also make this soup low carb by omitting the potatoes and substituting with carrots!
It is not difficult to make and is perfect paired with a nice salad. It is great during the cooler months of the year because it is a hearty soup.
- 1½ lb. ground venison ( you can use ground turkey or lean ground beef )
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cans beef broth
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Brown ground venison with onion in a large skillet and drain.
- Add to crockpot along with potato, celery, corn, garlic, cream cheese, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, and spices. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours (or 4 hours on high).
- About 10 minutes before serving, whisk together the milk and flour. Add to the crockpot along with the shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10 more minutes until cheese has melted and soup has thickened. Enjoy!