Real food meets comfort food in this baked Quinoa dish. Casseroles are often are filled with unhealthy ingredients and fat, but this one features all real food ingredients. The chicken and quinoa are loaded with protein and the veggies add the extra bit of vitamins to make this a completely healthy dish!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken breast is fine)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green onions + more for garnish, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Add to a large mixing bowl along with chicken and cooked broccoli, and mix to combine.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, green onions, oregano, basil, diced tomatoes, and olives; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes mixture to the quinoa mixture and combine. Add 1½ cup cheese and mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and press on it gently to flatten. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional green onions. Serve warm.
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ULTIMATE in clean, filling, and healthy comfort food! The combination of chicken, veggies, spices, various toppings, and chips is such an amazing and delicious combination.
With all its cheesy goodness, my whole family; including my 3 and 4 year olds, gobbled this up! It’s so easy to make too, just throw everything into your crock, set it to cook on low, and forget about it for a while! This is a perfect dish for a weekend or a Sunday after church meal!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado,
- diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
How to Make:
- Mix all of your ingredients into your crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat, or until the chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken or you can take all of the chicken out, chop it up, and then mix back in.
- Serve hot and top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Hope you love it as much as we did! After you try this, please get back with me and let me know how it turned out!
As you might have noticed, I absolutely LOVE making homemade soup and stews in my crock pot, especially smack dab in the middle of the cool and CHILLY winter months. I also love making soups from SCRATCH, so I know whats in it and I know that its CLEAN and healthy!
This awesome cheeseburger soup is creamy and filled with flavorful ground venison, potatoes, celery and corn. It will keep bellies full and happy a long time after it’s eaten. This soup recipe may be high in cheese but it is all clean!
You can also make this soup low carb by omitting the potatoes and substituting with carrots!
It is not difficult to make and is perfect paired with a nice salad. It is great during the cooler months of the year because it is a hearty soup.
- 1½ lb. ground venison ( you can use ground turkey or lean ground beef )
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cans beef broth
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Brown ground venison with onion in a large skillet and drain.
- Add to crockpot along with potato, celery, corn, garlic, cream cheese, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce, and spices. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours (or 4 hours on high).
- About 10 minutes before serving, whisk together the milk and flour. Add to the crockpot along with the shredded cheese.
- Cook for 10 more minutes until cheese has melted and soup has thickened. Enjoy!
:: Now Accepting Applications ::
Do you want to get on track with your health & fitness goals and make some REAL progress in 2017?
Are you looking for a simple and straightforward nutrition and fitness program? One that comes with the support of someone with experience who will be there to motivate you, hold you accountable, and not let you QUIT when the going get’s tough?
Would you be even more motivated by an online group that comes the chance to get a cut of a 2-3 MILLION DOLLAR POT just for participating?
I’m looking for 20 individuals to who are ready to start making DAILY progress with their health and fitness starting January 2nd.
I plan to coach, mentor, and hold these 20 accountable next month in our Premier Online Support group of 2017 and BEYOND.
If you are interested in getting one-on-one help from a Certified Fitness Trainer and Coach (me); as well as, receive group motivation, fitness & meal planning support, plus get daily positivity & accountability – comment YES below to be considered for one of the 10 available spots!
Before I got involved with coaching and these groups…
I was a HOT mess.
→ New Mom
→ OFF track with my fitness
→ Sick and tired of being TIRED
→ Daily aches and pains
→ NO time for ME
→ Anxiety, depression, and obsessiveness
→ Unhappy even though I was truly BLESSED
I felt isolated and uncomfortable in my skin and I KNEW that I needed to do SOMETHING and QUICK….
So I took a leap of faith and joined a group just like this one, started exercising again, eating clean, drinking Shakeology, and was FINALLY plugged into the type of SUPPORT and ACCOUNTABILITY that I needed.
By changing things up, getting some help and guidance, and having a group of others JUST like me to help keep me on track – my whole life was and is still being transformed.
Now that I have been doing these groups for almost 4 years now, I am…
→ In the BEST shape and health of my life.
→ My marriage just keeps getting better.
→ I have inspired so many others to have the same type of change.
→ I’m less stressed, more relaxed, & can handle situations so much better now.
→ I can do things I NEVER thought would be possible.
I am looking for 20 to join me for 2017.
I’m looking for people who are serious about changing the way they look and feel.
If you are READY to start your own transformation story with me this January, fill out this application and then I will be in touch!
DON’T doubt yourself for ONE second!!
Take that leap of faith – You will never know what goals you are capable of reaching until you START!